I'm pretty sure it's a kernel tweak which causes this, I've seen it on a
few CSS servers, not sure which particular tweak though.

Francis McGuire wrote:
I just installed srcds on my dedicated server and when I run rcon stats it
always says 99.90 cpu even if the server is empty.

The server is a:
Pentium 4 3.06ghz HT
2gb ram
Fedora 6

I have been running top to monitor my cpu usage and it never says much more
then 65% and everything else is at 0%.

I tweaked my kernel tu run at 1000hz and the other standard kernel tweaks.
I tried lowering the srcds' nice level so it would have a higher priority
and it always says it's using 99.90 % even if top says 7%.

Is this a bug in srcds? should the listed cpu usage be accurate?

I've been running a tf2 server at 100 ticks and 512fps and it does randomly
drop to 70fps but very rarly.

Anyone have an idea how to fix this?