I run a custom maps server with http redirect to make for faster map
downloading. Everything appears to be working great except my web server
keeps getting requests for the BSP of a particular map instead of the bz2.
I have set it up so all the maps are bzip2 compressed and didn't bother
uploading the BSP's to my web server. out of hundreds of players.. I am
only getting a small few that are asking for the BSP, here is a snip from
my web server logs

Path                            Number of requests
----                            ------------------
/maps/cp_wolf.bsp               10
/maps/duel_duel1.bsp            6
/maps/ctf_battle_creek.bsp      4
/maps/cp_lazytown.bsp           4

I haven't been able to get it to fail on my machine, I could care less if
30 or 40 peeps out of hundreds couldn't download the map (it's not really
affecting my traffic numbers) but my curiosity as to why I am seeing these
numbers climb slowly day by day has been peaked.

What conditions could casue a client to want to grab the BSP instead of
the compressed bzip file?

I know any easy solution would be just to upload the BSP's but I thought
this wasn't necessary with http downloading.

anyone know what could be going on?