First of all, thanks.
My version of ping doesn't support -n [number]. So i was guessing i
should use -s [packet size].
As far as i can tell (and judge) i'm getting reasonably fast ping replies.
They range from 0.080ms to 0.110ms

Crazy Canucks wrote:
I'm guessing you are paying for a hosting service for your server.  If
that is the case, open a command prompt and run "ping -n 100 xxx", where
"xxx" is the ip of your server.  That should give you a pretty good idea
whether you are having network problems or not.  If you are hosting your
own server at your location, substitute "xxx" for some domain name.
Most major domains don't respond to pings though, so you'll have to find
one that does.

Drek

Oliver Salzburg wrote:
I just experienced some very nasty glitches while playing on my server
(Thanks for the help btw).
Getting stuck at positions, not being able to move. Looked pretty much
like the connection to the server was unstable.
Or maybe the server was having hickups.
How can i determine if the problem is with my connection or with the
server?
And is there anything to control this behavior, in case the problem is
with the server?

Thanks in advance