One of the community gurus ( KBH Keeper) has created a temporary fix for
this. He's got a plugins website that he maintains located at
http://www.hl2plugins.com/ and I've been using the fix for a few weeks now.
It will work until valve fixes the actual problem. When/if they do, then
you'll have to remove this patch to prevent duplicate chat messages.

http://www.hl2plugins.com/downloads/download.php?file=18