I thought the Core 2 processors (can't find the name of the quad
equivalent) were better on power consumption than Xeon processors.  As
far as I know, even the quad core AMD's are better on power consumption
than Xeons.  Someone correct me if I am wrong please... :)

Drek

Adam James wrote:
I'm currently looking at 1U rack mount systems to host some TF2
servers. Power consumption is a big factor in long term costs, so I'm
looking for a system with an optimum power to speed ratio.

At the moment, a system with a quad core Xeon X3220 2.4GHz CPU seems to
be optimal. Would it be possible to run 4 x 24 slot TF2 servers with
decent performance on this hardware?

If someone could share their experiences of running srcds instances on
similar hardware, I'd be most grateful.

--atj