Having multiple users able to attach to another user's screen session
would be a serious security issue, and it will not work in my
experience. I'd say that if you trust these three users and require
this functionality, you should have them all use the same login.

Jeff Love
Burgh Gaming

Quoting "Mannis.House" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hello.

I have some questions about the use of multiple user accounts on
"one" server.
For example, on my root server, there are 3 admins who have ssh/ftp access.
Let's just say user1, user2 and user3. All of these users are in the
same group "server" and therefor all should have the same rights.

I'm user1, and i started the server with a screen command. like e.g.
screen -A -m -d -S testservertf ./srcds_run -game tf +ip
xx.xxx.xxx.xx -port xxxxx -maxplayers 24 +map ctf_2fort.
Now i have the problem, that user2 and user3  can't watch and stop
the server. (yes threw rcon console "quit" i know, but that's
something else entirely!)
If user2 started the server, i and user3 cannot stop/watch the server.
Is it possible with any programs or scripts, that all users have the
 same rights to do it?
I need that for some reasons, e.g. the server hangs, and it cannot
be "quit" threw rcon console, and the admin who started
the server isn't there? Is it possible to kill and watch (screen -x
testservertf) another users pid?

Or i thought about, maybe there is another way, to give all 3 admins
 one account called "server",
but i think this isn't a really good idea is it? Then i don't know
what admin what does....and other problems occur...

I hope someone can help me.

regards Manni