We have systems equipped with a AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor
4400+. Each system is running two 24 slot tf2 servers, that is one tf2
server per cpu core. The average cpu load per core is about 67-73% but
in worst case we can se them go as high
as 80-90%. While this is high load it is not noticeable laggy in-game,
however the server is really struggling maintaining the 300 maxfps. It
frequently drops to about 50 which makes me think, do we have a problem
- perhaps with bad server or kernel settings?

Before we investigate this further I'd like to get a feel of what the
normal load should be and what kind of hardware is required for a 24
slot tf2 server so please post your hardware details and cpu load so we
can compare.

$ uname -a
Linux tf2-1 2.6.22-gentoo-r8 #2 SMP PREEMPT Sun Oct 7 21:56:30 CEST 2007
i686 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
1000hz timer frequency kernel

metamod
sourcemod
hlstatsx plugin