Hello,

I'm having serious problems with all the Counter-Strike 1.6 servers of
our gaming community. The servers (four) have been running without any
problems for over the past 4 months. Yesterday we decided to do some
major maintenance e.g. upgrading all the plugins and adding a new one.
And to sum up the current situation, it's completely f.u.b.a.r.

Our most popular server keeps crashing and the other servers also but
less frequently. I've already restored a backup of the servers but the
problem continues. The backups consists of the complete "addons" folder,
plus "autoexec.cfg", "liblist.gam", "mapcycle.txt", "motd.txt" and
"server.cfg" from the "cstrike" folder. This backup was made on the 17th
of October last year and is the setup that has been running without any
problems. I have tried both fresh installations of AMX Mod X 1.8.0 and
1.76d. With AMX Mod X 1.8.0 the crashes are more frequent. The last
thing in the logfile before crashing is a line with "segmentation fault".

As you can see below I'm not running an exotic setup. It is a basic
setup of AMX Mod X 1.76d and a few custom plugins. Please note that this
particular configuration is a backup of a setup that has been working
for months without any crashes or other problems. I've already tried
everything that I could think of over the past two days. I've used
compiled version of all the plugins, recompiled them myself, did clean
installs of everything, checked all the configuration files. So I'm all
out of ideas.

These are the specifications of the server:

- Two AMD Opteron 275 processors
- Tyan Thunder K8SD Pro motherboard
- Four 1 GB, ECC memory modules
- Ubuntu Linux operation system

Attachments

http://www.clanhost.nl/mannekino/server_dust2.txt (Beginning and ending
of server logfile) http://www.clanhost.nl/mannekino/debug.txt (Contents
of debug.log)
http://www.clanhost.nl/mannekino/meta_list.txt (Output of "meta list")
http://www.clanhost.nl/mannekino/amx_plugins.txt (Output of "amx_plugins")

Any help is greatly appreciated; if you need any more information please
let me know.

--
Kind regards / Met vriendelijke groet,

Hans Vos