> may I say WTF? only 3 hours out and people already have an upgrade of
> the weapon?
>
> sigh....
>
> welcome DEDICATED hunting sessions...
>
> I hope Valve sees finally that stuff like this is heavily flawed and
> only helps people exploiting game features.

I guess you could say "wtf", but I'm not real sure what the problem you
have with people getting the unlocks. I earned them after playing for
a couple hours.  I did not do anything unfair, or exploit any game feature.

There are 3 levels of upgrades, the first is after getting 12 achievements.
Since getting the first level upgrade I have only managed to complete 8 more
of the achievements.  The remaining ones are the ones that will take a
great deal of time to get, they are the ones where you have to do things
hundreds of times or uber someone and have them kill or destroy a certain
number of items.

I think valve did good with these, there are a lot more medics than usual
but I'm actually having more fun.  The new guns pretty cool too.