Subject: [hlds_linux] Request: Engineer killedobject event fix for log files
From: "Ronny Schedel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 02.05.2008 12:42

Hello,

in the past, we got the update for the log file and the Engineers
killedobject event were also thrown when the Engineer killed his own object
(destroyed sentry gun, etc). We use this to process own statistics with
hlstats. We reward the player when he build an object and we decrease the
points when he destroy own objects to prevent stats padding. There are two
cases in which the killedobject event does not fire as supposed, which
allows the player to cheat the statistics:

1. The player can build any objects in the "waiting for players" phase.
After this phase, the objects only disappear, but the killedobject event is
not fired in the log files. So these points will be counted and the player
is able to cheat the statistics.

2. During the match, the player can build some objects, goes back to the
setup room, change the class to another one and change back to Engineer to
start building objects again. There is no killedobject event fired in the
log files, the objects only disappear and he can cheat again the statistics.

It would be nice to have the killedobject event fired in the log files in
any case, when the objects of an Engineer disappear, no matter why (change
class, disconnect, etc). Thank you.

Best regards

Ronny Schedel