I don't have a fix and I'm not as good as many of the people on here as far
as technical skill, but I do know I was on a goldrush server the other day
and a bunch of us noticed that the progress bar was disappearing whenever
green text popped up via some admin utility, and it also interfered with
things like changing weapons and changing classes.