-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Coldorak
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 9:03 AM
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] MOTD chalkboard how-to (TF2)

Hi

Using your howto and my own server scripts, I've made this MOTD:
http://www.coldfire.info/tf2/motd/cold/motd2.html

You'll recognize the background image from specialattack.net, while what was
motd.png has been replaced by a dynamically generated image.
The problem I have is that when I join the server, I see the motd with the
right currentmap/nextmap colored, but after a changemap, the image has not
been refreshed.
I've made several tests using the url linked above outside tf2, and the
update is fine. It seems TF2 (client-side) caches the motd. Am I wrong? I've
made other tests, like changing map, then disconnect and reconnect to my TF2
server, but the motd was still not updated.
So I stopped the server, made specific config files for the first 2 maps,
with motdfile "motdtest1.txt" for the first map config, and motdfile
"motdtest2.txt" for the second one, each motdfile being a simple text file
saying the map name. I restarted the server, joined it, and the motd I saw
was... still the graphical one.
So what do I do wrong? Does someone know where is the motd cached?
How can I be sure of what does work and what doesn't work?
When I'll be done with that, I'll publish my php motd source code for those
who want it
Thanks for your help

Cold'