Why is it that bad to run pb3?
Just because of the CPU Usage? - We live in 2008 :)
Or do you know any disadvantages?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kveri" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 7:03 PM
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] sys_ticrate

DO NOT use sys_ticrate 10000. Max sys_ticrate 1000 w/ -pingboost 3. But
if you have 1000Hz kernel you're good without pingboost (because
pingboost is a workaround for 100Hz kernels and achieves more than
100fps), I'm running 1000Hz kernel with HPET, -pingboost 0 (same as w/o
-pingboost) and sys_ticrate 1000 => 995fps stable.

Kveri