Which packet do you send to get the challenge ID?
A2S_SERVERQUERY_GETCHALLENGE

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joachim Sehlstedt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 4:33 AM
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Why Valve want to break HL1engine
aftereachupdates...

Sure you are doing the connection right then? Using udp to the port the
server is running on works just fine here.

Beside parsing and error handling this is all I do in the php class I've
written.

fsockopen("udp://" . $hostname, $port, $this->errno, $this->error, 5)
$data =
"\xFF\xFF\xFF\xFF\x54\x53\x6F\x75\x72\x63\x65\x20\x45\x6E\x67\x69\x6E\x65\x20\x51\x75\x65\x72\x79\x00";
fwrite($this->socket, $data, strlen($data))

greetings