David A. Parker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was just wondering if there is an advantage to running srcds on a
> 64-bit vs. 32-bit OS right now.  I've noticed a lot of people on the
> list seem to be running 64-bit distros.  I'm running my servers on
> 32-bit operating systems with kernel support for >4GB of memory.
>
>      Thanks,
>      Dave

If you have Eventscripts 2.0 and actively mod your server, then it is
better to have 32 bit.  If you try to install or use custom python
modules (ie the 64bit compiled version) with the 32 bit python that
comes with ES then you will have a very hard time making it work.  An
example from my personal experience is the mysqlDB plugin for python.

Not sure if one is faster than the other, since there isn't a 64bit
build of Srcds.