Is there a cvar which governs the size of the motd?  I seem to have come
up against a size limitation in my motd.  Or is it better to create a
frame and load the motd in that?

For now I've gone with the frame.  I've got four corner graphics, gifs
with transparencies, 64 colours, optimized.  All but one of the graphics
are showing slight distortions, as if they are being resized.  But I've
set the height and width properties properly for the images.  I've
checked and double checked that.

I'm wondering if it is a driver issue.  The server won't be running
until the weekend, so I won't be able to check that before then, unless
someone else has an idea.  When I say "distorted" I'm not talking about
blurriness, I'm talking about sections of the graphic being offset from
the rest of the graphic.

Anyway, it doesn't look absolutely awful, I can live with it, but I
wouldn't mind knowing what is going on.

Cheers, Drek