Hello all,

We've got some very weird behaviour happening one of our older Fedora
Core 6 dedicated servers. When started, the HL servers do not announce
themselves correctly - their hostname is displayed as 'Half-Life', the
latency is doubled and users get the "Steam Validation Rejected" error
message when attempting to connect.

The services must be restarted multiple times in order for them to work
correctly. I'm stumped as to what would be causing this - all HL users
within the machine are experiencing this (old and new installations).
They are unmodded installations.

If anyone could shed some light on this, that would be fantastic.

Cheers,
Ryan