I will agree with you there. A little communication does go a long way.
Maybe we can also help them out to get a faster fix. This is the email
that I sent. If there is any information that i left out or that you
know that also will help with this issues please feel free to send it to
me and i will forward it on. More info is always better.

"I don't have all that much in physical information, but I will send what
i have and explain the rest.

In the attached file are 3 log files (l1201097 - l1201099). Log file
l1201098 show the disconnect of players due to reason "XXX timed out".

This happened on the server going from cp_dustbowl to cp_badlands. The
map cp_dustbowl played fine with no issues. But when it tried to switch
the map to cp_badlands all the players would get the scoreboard as
normal and would set there for the normal length of time. Now when
normally the scoreboard would go away and the map would switch the
players would get stuck at the score board and would get the disconnect
counter on there screen in the upper right. The server would take extra
time to change levels and we could see that through HLSW watching the
ping chart. It always shows the server timed out while it's changing
maps. The timeout while maps are changing normally is about 10-15seconds
max. When it does this the timeouts are 30-45seconds.

We are running metamod and sourcemod, but after much work on trying to
see if they were the cause we decided to remove all mods and rebuild the
server from scratch using the hlupdate tool. We recreated server with no
addons or anything and ran it for two days. It did the same thing. We
had 5 lock ups in 48 hours.

The server itself does not crash and the uptime of the server continues
to count. There is no minidumps either. The only thing that is visible
are in the server logs (attached) where you can see all the players from
the server timing out.

This is not something that occurs on every map change, but enough that
it will take a full server to empty in no time since players don't want
to deal with it. We even tried to see if it was a client issue and I
have even reinstalled steam and tf2 and had the same issue."