From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Joseph Love
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2009 6:31 AM
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] kk rcon for l4d? or even from client console?

Btw, the reason for creating a command console that works with telnet
is because it's easy to program.  Adding SSH overhead to the console
interface would be potentially disastrous, and if you really need the
encryption on top of it, I imagine you could probably use stunnel or
something, and do appropriate firewall filtering.

-Joe