At 02:21 PM 1/16/2009, Peter Lindblom wrote:
>Hi !
>
>isnt running a amd binary stupid when having a Intel cpu ?? maybe Im wrong
>here but I wouldnt ..
>
>and I hope you know that 64-bit OS and 32-bit game source isnt that 100%
>good ..
>
>Peter

That statement is ridiculous. All 32bit syscalls are emulated
anyways. There is no difference between 32bit emulated code
and 32bit native code as far as performance goes, maybe like a few
cycles, but that isn't even noticeable.

[r...@dfw2 kernel]# head compat.c
/*
  *  linux/kernel/compat.c
  *
  *  Kernel compatibility routines for e.g. 32 bit syscall support
  *  on 64 bit kernels.
  *
  *  Copyright (C) 2002-2003 Stephen Rothwell, IBM Corporation
  *
  *  This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
  *  it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as