About: Steam server browser/router excuse

I've done a lot of research into this problem. It has nothing to do with
my router. This issue exists in every single configuration, wired to the
modem, wired to the router, and also on wireless. You guys must realize
that I'm not the only one who's having this issue. I think that it would
be in your best interest to hear me out.

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/707/20090118kc5.jpg

Look at the screen shot. I just did a steam server browser search and
this is where it stopped and displayed Refresh All, indicating that the
search was complete.

This isn't the first time it's stopped either. Whenever I do a server
browser search in the source engine or the out of game browser, let me
explain what actually happens, and why you to listen.

When I open the browser, it starts searching, pausing every 200 or 500
servers apart, very slowly. Once it hits anywhere near 500-600, it
stops, or pauses, per say because it's still going. After anywhere
between 3 and 10 seconds later, it goes again, stopping another 500 or
600 above. Then it pauses much longer, and then resumes. It'll do this
until it reaches a point when the list stops refreshing, probably
because it notices my internet is being knocked out and therefore stops,
or maybe it believes that this is all the servers and therefore stops as
well. Either way, it's a serious problem.

Now, as I did, and most others who have had this issue have gone on the
support site and forum, trying to find a solution. I've made posts as
well on the steam forums, check out this one:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=698242

Stop telling us it's a router issue, because it ISNT.

I've spoken with my ISP. They've acknowledged the fact that their is a
700 limit for concurrent connections, the only real limit the have. I've
gone as far as to get their engineers to test the steam application's
server browser, where they've taken off the limit and have stress tested
it, pointing out that at one point they were able to see the browser
pulling over 50,000 flows of connections. They've called it word for
word, virus-like, because thats why they have the 700 connections cap,
to stop viruses from infecting everyone on the network.

One of the engineers are very familiar with the steam and has claimed to
have contacted you guys at Valve about the matter, but no responses have
ever been given.

Listen. This is a bug with your software. Not the ISP. Many other ISPs
in the world do the same thing. Just google it. It's there. Look at your
own forum!

I have presented this information to you in hopes that you will better
understand the seriousness of this issue.

There are thousands and thousands of server operators over the countries
of this earth who's servers are sitting empty due to this problem. Now,
this problem doesn't happen to all of us. I'm sure there's a lot of IPSs
out there that have no filtering, and therefore that mandates that there
is no bug.

There is. Either face it or ignore it. I'll still play your games, I'll
still host your games. I'll just listen in and hope for a response. I'll
hope others will concur with me, present their data, their situations to
the board, and then let valve decide whether a decision must be made.

That is all.

- Ian