The plugin hooks valve's receive UDP packet function and filters out the
packets sent by the attacker program.

The amount of code required to do this is very small.

-----Original Message-----
From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of AFAdmin
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 2:28 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] DoS Attack Fix Plugin Released

I haven't been on this list for very long, So I dont know eveyrone yet...

But again, I would feel alot more comfortable trying out the plugin if I
could see what it actually does or how it works, rather than add some
blackbox addon to my server from someone I do not know.

You can probably tell I'm not of the "Take your medicine it's good for
you" philosophy. ;)

P.S. I'd still like to know what this plugin actually does.