I suspect you are noticing some of the other (plentiful) bugs that can
cause clients to timeout and crash. This plugin fixes the server
locking up for over 40 seconds on map change, generally referred to as
'the timeout bug'. it does not fix any other bug that can cause
clients to timeout. Many people have been running this since monday
and reported the problem has stopped. I'm quite sure the plugin
disables stats upload when used properly, and also quite sure that
that is what's causing the hanging. And make sure that you have
neph_nostats set to 1.

- Neph