I don't care about SourceMod. It is not working on a vanilla server. I
discovered the reason: if you start with / the chat, it means you want to
change a cvar.

Example: if you enter /skill in the chat window, you does not chat, instead
you see the Cvar declaration in the console like when you enter skill in
console.