I'm running 4 32 man TF2 servers at 500fps (66 tick) and I'm wondering
if having kernel at 1000HZ (not tickless) with PREEMPT is necessary?
Is that putting unnecessary strain on my CPU (Q9300)?

My second question is if  you guys use HPET as your clocksource
$ cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/available_clocksource
tsc hpet acpi_pm jiffies

$ cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource
tsc

Would you recommend changing that to HPET?

I'm basically trying to lower CPU usage so it doesnt shoot up to 90% sometimes.

Thanks,
Dan