Hi,

I was looking through the list archives, and this problem has been
reported a few times in the past, but I'm not sure if a solution was
ever found.  Does anyone else know if this was solved?

     - Dave

Veran Pokornic' wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I have problem with my linux server...
>
> When i start it ( like this: ./hlds_run -console -game cstrike +maxplayers
> 12 +map de_dust2 -port 27106 +ip 85.10.192.194 -debug ) it comes to this
> line: [S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to update local
> steamclient. Continuing with current version anyway
> there is some time and then it repeating this error:
> pipes.cpp (608) : Assertion Failed: Stalled cross-thread pipe
> interfacemap_client.h (1096) : Assertion Failed: bufRet.GetUint8() ==
> k_EClientCommandInterface
>

> what to do ? thx !!!

Dave Parker
Utica College
Integrated Information Technology Services
(315) 792-3229
Registered Linux User #408177