The beta patch was for HLDS. TF2 supposedly had it patched officially as of
March 19, 2009, 5:20 pm.

*Server changes*

   - Fixed players being kicked from servers with an INVALID_STEAM_TICKET
   rejection
   - Added a message to the server console to show when the server has
   reconnected to Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/news/?filter=updates&appids=440