Hi,

My HLTV isn't starting and I have no idea why.
The "[S_API FAIL]" line should not be a problem. I think it's only
because I don't have the hlds updatetool in this directory.

But why "Master module failed to initialize. (init failed)" ??
That doesn't sound good ;)

Startup Line:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH; ./hltv -ip $someip -port
$someport +maxclients 10

It shows
-------
Console initialized.
FileSystem initialized.
Network uses $someip as host IP.
Network initialized.
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to update local steamclient.
Continuing with current version anyway.
Master module failed to initialize. (init failed)
ERROR! System::AddModule: couldn't initialize module master.
***** FATAL ERROR *****
Proxy::Init: add master module.
*** STOPPING SYSTEM ***
ERROR! System::AddModule: couldn't initialize module (null).
Type 'help' for a list of commands.

When I do a "exec hltv.cfg":
exec hltv.cfg
Executing file hltv.cfg.