That's odd.  Did you try restarting the server?

Also, your server responds with a challenge number if you use the
A2S_SERVERQUERY_GETCHALLENGE query.  You should be able to get one using
  the A2S_PLAYER-1 query also, but it just times out like you said.

     - Dave

Tomasz Formanowski wrote:
> Hi
>
> We've got problems querying some of our L4D servers with A2S_PLAYER and
> A2S_RULES. It looks like they don't accept the challenge...
>
> info works right, but server time outs on player and rules query:
>
> i've also tried other servers from gamemonitor, and they randomly work
> on either:
> - default \u00FF\u00FF\u00FF\u00FF\u0057
> - A2S_PLAYER-1 \u00FF\u00FF\u00FF\u00FF\u0055\u00FF\u00FF\u00FF\u00FF
>
> One of our servers is:87.230.59.117:27020 - can't get it to show
> players even in hlsw ...
>
> any advice guys ?
>
> thx

Dave Parker
Utica College
Integrated Information Technology Services
(315) 792-3229
Registered Linux User #408177