There have always been problems using sv_password with L4D.  Also, I
don't think maxplayers is honored since the max number of players is set
based on the game type selected in the lobby.

     - Dave

Tomasz Formanowski wrote:
> JR> The Left 4 Dead 2 Dedicated Server files are now available on
> JR> Steam.  Use the game name "left4dead2" from hldsupdatetool to
> JR> download them.  These are not the final set of files, so there
> JR> will be another small update before the game is released.
>
> Queries wont work with sv_password set - as in l4d1 ...
>
> also, there seems to be a problem with setting maxplayers - its always
> set to 18, and queries report randomly 4 or 8 on same configs,
> different servers.

Dave Parker
Utica College
Integrated Information Technology Services
(315) 792-3229
Registered Linux User #408177