Considering my past experiences of Steam Support, and considering this
seems like a bug in the game code (either client or server side), I
severely doubt it will get anywhere through that avenue. I have actually
reported some bugs previously through that channel and the response has
been in the lines "we know it's broken but don't care. More power to you
if you can get it work properly"

But if there is a way to report this kind of issues that way so that they
actually count, please inform me which categories to check for the
question.