Van: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] Namens Tony Paloma
Verzonden: maandag 4 januari 2010 23:57
Aan: 'Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list'
Onderwerp: Re: [hlds_linux] TF2 server multi-threaded support

I'm not a fan of adding multi-threading to TF2 servers only because with 32
players it's already taking 100% CPU of one core -- I don't need it taking
100% of two.

"Oh! Just set processor affinity!" you might say. Ya, now the threading
support would still only be hurting things, not helping (added overhead,
starved threads, etc.).