Should probably continue talking about this in the other topic, however I
believe .cfg files have been already blacklisted. If I'm wrong though, I
can't believe how useless this update would be. To protect yourself from
attacks all you need to do is firewall off your Rcon port and set every
folder read only besides your logs, downloads, and local database dirs. To
prevent downloads however the only real thing you can do is rename
server.cfg to lulz.cfg and add +exec lulz.cfg to your startup line. (Don't
use lulz, try some completely random file name).

Cheers,
Kyle.