This is from Zoid about 10 minutes ago on the Steam Powered forums:

*Due the extremely popular response to The Passing update to Left 4 Dead 2,
our Master server that handles listing dedicated servers was overloaded
during most of Friday.  Because of this, many players asking for a list of
dedicated servers would not receive any or just a partial list.

This has been addressed and dedicated server listings are fully functional
again.*

                                                    -Richard Eid