This works for me.

./srcds_run -game cstrike_beta +map de_dust2 +maxplayers 20 +ip
xx.xx.xxx.xxx +port 27015 -tickrate 100 +exec server.cfg

but while looking threw the install theres folders everywhere, so i'm having
a hard time trying to figure out where the cfg folder should be for the
server.cfg

How does 1 get the client files for the beta ?

www.multiclangaming.net