My server runs an old version of Linux - Suse 9.0, kernel v2.4.21, 64 bit
mode, circa 2004.
The latest HLDS update tool gets the corresponding "steam" program (v39) and
it only segfaults.
I have been able to run prior to this but have not updated in a while (36
maybe).
I tried all the tricks about deleting the blob files in the ~/.steam
directory and even the directory itself, but to no avail.

Is there a minimum kernel level that the Orange Box version requires to run
now? Up to this point, I have really had no reason to update my OS.
Besides updating kernel & OS, any other suggestions?

.......Chuck
cgi...@compuserve.com