At 06:33 PM 8/2/2010, Steven Hartland wrote:
hundred thousands would explain it being unable to go above 990, so that
clears something up :)

I'm not using a plugin, I'm using an OS override to correct the interframe
sleep time so its "should" have the most accurate view of the simulation
possible, unless I'm missing something.

I'm assuming you're using those LD_PRELOAD hacks to alter what usleep() does..

If its using Plat_FloatTime that cold easily explain the issues as it
uses gettimeofday on Linux which is not guaranteed to be monotonic, so you
could see the value decrease as ntp nudges the system clock for example.
Obviously if this happened, it could cause all sorts of strange edge cases.

It does use it. I patched it to use clock_gettime and didn't see any difference, really. Doesn't matter what you use, the APIs are only as good as the timecounters driving them.

-M