Uhm... it's all about the whole server (and rack)...

AFAIK turbo mode is supported by intel and get activate only when temp and tdp are within certain value ranges...

I doubt that just a jump from 2.8 to 3ghz would create all these troubles... as the same cpu can be used within a desktop case with no forced airflow and without air-conditioned environment........