Oh, hai.

I know this is a bit late to the party, but I felt it was kind of...
interesting. IBM ran some tests regarding this very subject (VMDq) in
March and their short (7 pages), but very informational report can be
found here:
ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/eserver/benchmarks/wp_virtualization_networking_SW_031710.pdf

This would seem more like a marketing-ploy than any true real-world
benefits, in regards to gameservers in VPS environments.

-TheG