>> to the consoles.  Glad I got nemrun modded to work w/L4D2 since running
>> "stock" dedicated server tree with "-autoupdate" clearly isn't enough
>> foo
>> to truly get automatic updates. :)

> Apparently you're not aware of how Valve's autoupdate works.  Valve's
> autoupdate only kicks in when the server changes maps.  This is to
> prevent it from kicking players off the server.

Dude, I've been running Valve dedicated server games on Linux machines for
over 4 years.  Whether YOU think so or not, I actually do understand
fairly well how updates work.  Do you really have nothing better to do
than piss in my corn flakes?

I was trying to make a point, nothing more.  Without something like
nemrun, these servers aren't going to update until a map change happens.
Since nobody was on the servers at the time, when exactly do you suppose
that "map change" is going to happen?

I'll leave that as an exercise for you to figure out or recite since you
know so much.  I already know the answer.  Me, I'd rather have the servers
update BEFORE then.

Next time I fix something like this maybe I'll just keep it to myself.

DIAF,
PharaohsPaw