How would that stop it from just sitting there on segfault, instead of restarting? Also, I run custom maps, and the maps and resources are located on a remote download site, wouldn't sv_allowdownload 0 prevent them from being able to download from my download site when connecting to server?

I read the messages at the link you posted, but it doesn't say anything about this problem. I tried the exploit on my servers, and it did not work.