Near the end of every map, without fail, I'm not sure where it's happening,
but the .dmx files start getting written corrupted, or something. I've got
logs of clients trying to download the same .dmx file for hours and hours on
end, every 10 seconds. The game server and FTP server are both in the same
datacenter and are quite capable of transferring files at full gigabit
speeds, I know it's not a bandwidth issue.

The FTP server is running Ubuntu 10.04LTS, running only apache, ProFTPD and
Murmur. I can't imagine there being an issue with system load in the mix,
and my problem only occurs near the end of the maps. Normally at about 10
minutes left in the map, players suddenly become unable to download replays
at all. I can sit there refreshing the logs as it's happening and see
nothing out of the ordinary as far as their concerned, server is connecting
and uploading the .dmx and .block files, and apache is serving them all up
properly, but the game client will just sit there requesting the same dmx
file, over and over and over.

It's getting annoying, really.