I also made a small PHP script very similar to the way yours sounds.  I
further more logged the screen output and displayed it to the users and
updated via JS with ajax method.  I allow sending commands via the web
interface with ajax.  Basically the full (or limited, I can limit what
commands are used) console experience without having access to SSH or any
access to the box.

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 8:44 AM, Daniel Vogel <dan...@codefreak.net> wrote:

> I'm using a web interface for my servers I made in PHP and I
> experienced similar issues with freezing servers not being able to be
> shut down by any admin except me (via ssh). The solution I use is
> simple.
> Since my web interface names all screens it starts tf_$id (like tf_15)
> I can simply provide a kill switch which would use `ps aux | grep
> tf_15` to get the PID of the screen and then kill it, all in one bash
> script which simply takes the server id as parameter.
> So if you give your screens unique names it's only one PHP and bash
> script that finds and kills the server.
>
> --
> Mit freundlichen GrĂ¼ssen,
> Sincerely Yours,