Like I stated before this server has been running since late 09. In that
time we have held weekly events and have made a real effort to invite people
who are fun to play with and will bring in others who are like minded.

There are no shortcuts to having a popular server and while quickplay helps,
what helps even more is having a solid admin team or a group of friends or
regulars  willing to sit in the server during its slow days.

One of our weekly Events is friday night frags and it's a time where we play
the stock popular maps of team fortress 2, nothing else changes from any of
the other day but we put out a group events and we all make an effort to be
there at the same time. Having a good community goes a very very long way
insuring a popular and fun server, unfortunately like I said there are no
shortcuts to this. At least that I found out!