I have a question about that. Does setting the fps_max affect cpu usage? I've tried setting various fps_max settings and cpu usage doesn't change. I mean that on HT kernel there is no difference between 66 and 500 or 950fps (when it was available).

On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 14:26:28 +0300, Michael Johansen <michs...@live.no> wrote:

First off, to save CPU-usage, set "fps_max" to "66.67". This will ensure optimal hitreg. It's the best to run with atm. And don't care about the cpu readings. They are incorrect.

From: riem...@binkey.nl
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 13:20:02 +0200
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] cpu on i7 920

Ok, from console then I ran a few "stats" after each other.

CPU   In    Out   Uptime  Users   FPS    Players
99.03 117488.39 310790.97     491     0   95.55      31

So I see a 99% cpu in this one, surely it might not be the best way to check
it but if I do this on other servers I don't really have an issue.
In some cases I see less cpu usage but also below 66 values of fps.