It's not that I love microtransactions, it's that 1.) this complaining
is not relevant to server administration and 2.) you whining isn't
going to change a thing. There is no going back to how things were in
2007. But microtrans isn't some big bad evil, Valve has actually done
a pretty good job of it. There's no way I could convey why in terms
that wouldn't go over your head, but thankfully Extra Credits at the
Escapst made a really great video on the subject that should hold your
attention. And if not, it has funny pictures!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/extra-credits/3689-Microtransactions