"its a known bug"

Every time I read this on those mailing lists, I start thinking: how many are
there out there that are "known" and still wait for some solution. I know a
couple I encountered myself/read here or on spuf or other places, and those I
encountered I have reported, but only a very small amount of those are ever
addressed. Its like a stopgap: only repairing what ppl are most complaining
about... I often wonder if Valve is even running some form of a
bug-tracking/prioritizing system.... and even if so, that they are assigned a
priority level instead of the default "valve time" to solve.

Sure sure, I know the game is 4 years old, and still receives regular updates
and I should be glad for that etc. But its their big cash earner, and those
updates should therefore contain fixes for a bunch of the reported ones. I even
wont start on the "promised" to fix stuff that never came so far, in spite
being said months ago or even last year.

And in regards to this specific "known bug", it should be turned into a
optional client sided "feature" in regards to the hats, paint and their effects
individually. I really have no desire to see a Lime painted Dapper topper with
some effect on it. Make it a graphical performance option.