Am 26.10.2011 12:41, schrieb Hosting For Gamers:
Dear Valve,
I'd like to ask you a favour about my server HLDS execution.
My comuputer is Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5620 @ 2.40GHz
36 GB DDR3
Debian 5
Kernel: 2.6.27.55 #16 SMP PREEMPT Tue Aug 30 22:39:30 CEST 2011 x86_64
GNU/Linux
Pingboost: i tried all the three option but i always got the same problem:
After more than 20 player connected to the server the FPS starts
vacillating, unstable and reduced.
I attach the kernel config and the server.cfg also.

Your Sincerely: HFG operat

Try upgrading to the current stable Debian 6 with the kernel 2.6.32. Also you could try building a kernel for 5 using the 3.0 from http://www.kernel.org/ or patch the latest stable kernel.org files with the BFS or CK patchset http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/bfs/3.0.0/