I am getting high ping reported on a LAN server. It is not sv_lan 1,
however all clients are connected to a local IP address, and the server
includes the launch option -ip 172.31.x.x which is a local IP.

The pings reported by status are usually ~35 to 39 ms. A normal ICMP
ping to the server returns <1 ms. I understand srcd's "version" of ping
is different than an ICMP, but it's still abnormal, no? Not to mention
on the scoreboard I have 5 ms, on net_graph 1 I have ~13ms, and on the
ping and status commands I have ~35.

Why is srcds is reporting ping as such? Is it normal for ping to be that
high on a LAN server? Thanks.