So ics just mentioned this in another thread, and we were talking
about this in IRC yesterday (#hlserveradmins on gamesurge, FYI) but
I'd like to separate it into a new thread since it's not related to
the thread it was posting in:

Fletcher / Valve - I think all of us would love some sort of method
similar to L4D2 for players on the server to be able to join a set
Steam Group from within-game. I'm kind of surprised this hasn't
already been done already, but that (and the MOTD server banner) were
my 2 favorite things about running L4D / L4D2 servers. I loved that
players had instant and direct access to joining the server's steam
group, for those players who enjoyed being there and wanted to be
apart.

Blacklisting and reporting and so on are great for removing bad
servers. But it would be awesome if some tools could be added on the
other end of the scale, to allow players to add servers they enjoy
playing at. There's already the "add to favorites" pop-up when you
leave a server, perhaps add that option there? Or something on the
scoreboard when you're in spectator mode? Or the MOTD as well?